Dear Body Buds,
If you’re looking for a quick and simple meal that has explosive deliciousness, “Burrito in a Bowl” by the Power Foods Lifestyle is just up your alley! In fact, you should have these basic power foods ingredients in your fridge at all times!
This is the meal I have as a typical go-to when doing small get togethers with friends or family. It’s easy to make in bulk and serve buffet style for each person to serve their own with their preferences of toppings. This recipe comes from Volume 2 of the Power Foods Lifestyle which you can get by clicking here.
Burrito in a Bowl
- 6 mini sweet peppers
- 4 handfuls leafy greens (darker the better)
- 1/4 c. finely chopped onion
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey (90%+ lean)
- 3 tsp. taco seasoning (non-MSG)
- 1/3 c. plain Greek yogurt (2%)
- 4 Tbsp. salsa
- 8 oz. avocado
- Wash the sweet peppers and leafy greens. Chop into fine pieces.
- Chop the onion, the combine the peppers and onion in a small pan. Saute for a few minutes, then add the turkey. Brown the meat until cooked thoroughly. Remove from the heat.
- Mix the taco seasoning into the meat and veggie mixture.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the meat and veggie mixture, Greek yogurt, salsa, chopped greens, and avocado. Mash all together then serve.
- Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- Protein in 1 serving: 30 g
- Carbohydrates in 1 serving: 18 g
- Fats in 1 serving: 14 g
- Calories in 1 serving: 320
Make it a Power Foods Meal
- This is a delicious PVF (protein-veggie-fat) meal in the Power Foods Lifestyle. It’s as close to Taco Bell as we get! This is one of the top PFL recipes voted by clients and PFL Champions on Facebook.
Enjoy your new delicious, strategic, energy-yielding and fat blasting recipe!
Love your bud,