Dear Body Buds,
I love cake and I have a humongous sweet tooth for it!
In fact, I love it so much that I just had to have a recipe that was FAST and totally strategic in the Power Foods Lifestyle recipe collection! My recipe for Chocolate Mug Cake is a great way to stabilize blood sugar for better moods, more effective sleep at night, and a better fat oxidation state to drop body fat when in a caloric deficit! POWER FOODS in strategy do that for us!
So here you go for our Freebie Friday!
This recipe come from Volume 1 of the PFL Recipe Book Collection! These were the recipes I created between 2012 and 2013, published in December 2013! Please note that the recipe here is my updated version of this recipe.
- 1 serving 100% whey chocolate protein powder* (30 grams)
- 1 large egg white
- 1/3 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 c. oat flour*
- 1 Tbsp. natural peanut butter/almond butter
** Try experimenting with other flours like coconut flour if desired. I can’t promise it will turn out, but it may be worth the shot!
- Mix all ingredients (except the oat flour) in a mug with a fork.
- Add the oat flour and mix well.
- Microwave the mixture on high for 1 minute. Stir again.
- Continue microwaving on high for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the cake has solidified.
- Pour the cake into a bowl to cool.
- Serve with the peanut butter on top (let it melt a little from the warmth for some ooey-gooey-yumminess!)
Make it a Power Foods Meal:
Chocolate Mug Cakes a complete PcF meal which should be rounded out by eating vegetables on the side. This will be a fine dessert to have in a lifestyle change strategy, though I would recommend making sure this fits in your overall balance of nutrients and strategy for fat loss before having it (particularly if you are carb cycling or doing a ketogenic approach).
Is Chocolate Mug Cake a better option than real cake? TOTALLY! But remember even better options don’t produce fat loss. Review my article that will help you understand that more by clicking here.
Try having some cucumber slices or mini bell peppers to help your body absorb more vitamins and minerals. Try swapping out the flavor of protein powder for variety, and you can also try adding 1/4 c. chopped fruit like blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries for a sweet–but light–treat.
Protein: 34 g
Carbohydrates: 17 g
Fats: 14 g
Recipe Yield: 1 serving
I hope you enjoy your Chocolate Mug Cake and the blood sugar stabilizing nutrition it gives you–and you may even try it in one of these darling mugs (donuts are my favorite TOO!)
Love your bud,