If you are a current bikini, figure, fitness, physique or bodybuilding competitor, you may already recognize many of the red flags that come with the sport.
If you are new to the industry or wanting to get into it, this is an episode you MUST listen to!
This is a rebroadcast from an interview in June 2016. Kristy Jo was interviewed by Paul Burgess for the “Athletic Fitness and Nutrition Podcast” Episode #33.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Strategic approaches for cutting carbs
- Why you shouldn’t cut carbs and raise cardio too soon
- Psychological problems with getting addicted to competition
- How Body Buddies began (the inside scoop)
- Why Kristy Jo disbanded her bodybuilding team
- …and so much more!
Competition Prep is NOT a bad thing, but certainly should be looked at through a lens of maturity and with a coach who keeps your best interest in mind! Remember to look deep inside at the motivation behind it, and seek to keep your mind and body as healthy as possible!
Athletic Fitness and Nutrition Podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-athletic-fitness-nutrition-podcast/id930619627?mt=2
Body Buddies Home: www.body-buddies.com
VIEW MORE OF KRISTY JO’s PODCAST ABOUT CONTEST PREP:
- The Natural Contest Prep Journey with Frank Gigante
- “Contest Prep: Get Back to the Basics” with John Yobst
- All About Competition Training
- “I championed my Yo-Yo Efforts to Look Like A Fitness Model” with Rachel Gonzales
- How to Think Like A Competitor and Reach Your Goals