Dear Body Buds,
I was honored to be interviewed for the Run Run Live Podcast this past week! Chris Russell was a wonderful host and interviewer, and I look forward to sharing our conversation with each of you! Click the image below to listen to the audio recording!
During my conversation with Chris, we addressed the following topics:
- Challenges to overcome when seeking to be an athlete, like feeling the need to measure up to the body image projected in the media.
- Not knowing how to handle emotional triggers that cause us to get off track in training
- There is no such thing as good or bad food; how we need to change the thought to calling it strategic or non-strategic food. This is defined through having a goal.
- Eating isn’t about food; it’s about thought patterns and lifestyle.
- There is typical frustration when saying”I’m going to start for SURE this week,” but it makes the cycle worth because you’re not addressing the triggers.
- Applying oneself to rewards in the form of indulgence meals instead of “cheat meals.”
Enjoy the interview (it’s about 30 minutes), and let me know what you think! Share the episode on your Facebook or Pinterest boards to help share this information if you find it helpful!
Love your bud,