PFL Tex Mex Omelette
- 4 large egg whites
- 2 oz. lean turkey breast
- 1/8 c. chopped onion
- ¼ c. chopped mushroom
- ½ green bell pepper
- 2 oz. avocado
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- Dice the turkey breast (Jennie O lean turkey breast works very well, or fresh turkey–oven-baked–from the deli as well).
- Dice the onion, mushroom, and bell pepper. Sauté in a medium-sized frying pan using an olive-oil based, non-stick cooking spray. Once the vegetables are cooked and browned to a desired level, pour them onto a plate.
- Use a paper towel to wipe out the dark grime from the pan (quadruple layer fold so you don’t burn your hand!), then re-coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Crack the egg whites, separating the yolk from the white. Sprinkle the seasonings over the egg white pancake and the vegetables on the plate. When the color of the egg changes to white, gently flip half of the egg over onto itself. Continue flipping until the egg whites are cooked through.
- Place the egg white half-pancake on a plate, then fill with the Tex Mex mixture.
- Serve with salsa and 2 oz. fresh avocado.
Make it a Power Foods Lifestyle Meal
This is a Power Foods Lifestyle Meal: PVF (protein-veggie-fat). You may absolutely add the 1-2 egg yolks, but the meal will change to a PVFF instead of a PVF (more calories and fat grams. Make sure you choose the meal type/calorie type right for your daily caloric budget and needs). You can change up this recipe by using different colors of bell peppers, as well as adding spinach, tomato, or any other veggie of choice. If you are allergic to avocado, cook the egg whites and veggies in olive or coconut oil (2-3 tsp) to exchange the fat macros.
- Protein: 27.5 grams
- Carbs: 16 grams
- Fats: 10 grams
- Calories: 255
- Serving Size: 1 serving
I hope you enjoy this delicious and simple breakfast that will do your body good! Let me know in our Power Foods Lifestyle Champions facebook group if you have any questions, comments, or variations!
#PowerYourBody one meal, one workout, one day at a time!
~Kristy Jo Wengert