Dear Body Buds,
Whenever I go to prepare a PVF (protein-veggie-fat) meal according to my strategy, I want something delicious, yet fast!
Oregano Chicken from Recipe Book Volume 1 hits that nail on the head! With a delicious blend of herbs for the chicken and a quickly and yummy way to prepare veggies. This recipe is a no-brainer for those busy evenings with soccer games, meetings to attend, and is always better than a pizza!
4 oz. chicken breast or tenders
1/2 c. broccoli
4-5 spears asparagus
12 raw almonds
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
- Wash and trim the chicken breast or tenders.
- Combine all seasonings in a small bowl. Coat the chicken in the seasoning mixture, then place on a tin-foil lined small baking dish.
- Cover the chicken with tin foil then bake at 350 degrees (thicker chicken) or 400 degrees (thinner chicken). Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the meat is cooked through fully and is no longer pink.
- While the chicken is baking, wash and slice the ends off the asparagus. Wash and cut the broccoli as well. Dash with garlic salt and steam the two vegetables together over a pot of boiling water for about 10-12 minutes or until soft.
- Add the almonds to the dish once both chicken and veggies are fully cooked. (Remember, raw nuts are more nutritious than roasted!) Sprinkle the dish lightly with pepper and a bit more oregano.
Make it a Power Foods Lifestyle Meal:
This is a complete PVF meal, one of the best out there for a meal designed to help you blast body fat. When we focus on more PVF meals instead of PVC, blood sugar stays more stable. Learn more by reading The Power Foods Lifestyle.
Protein: 35 g
Carbs: 11 g
Fats: 10.5 g
I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe! Be sure to post a photo of it after making it in our private group on Facebook: Power Foods Lifestyle Champions!
Love your bud,