If you’re like 99% of the rest of the people in this world, you are BUSY and simply don’t have time to stay at home cooking every single meal. That’s why I have put together the Power Foods Lifestyle Top 5 Grab’n Go Meals for you!
I giggle when people tell me they “can’t eat like I do and recommend” because they don’t have the time I do.
However, having lived this lifestyle since 2012, I know that it’s up to each of us to take personal responsibility for our actions and ex-nay the excuses that so often escape our lips.
What excuses have YOU made lately? 😉
The fact is that the time will come that either
a) you are so miserable with the way you look and feel that you have no choice but to do something about it,
b) disease or other physical ailments will make it so you have no choice but to do something about it, or
c) your physical environment will become rife with natural disaster and limited resources, so you will have no choice but to prepare your own food.
There really is nothing other than a, b, or c.
I hope that you will take the opportunity NOW while there is still time to train your body and your habits before you are filled with regret, wishing you had done things differently.
Now, I don’t say this for shock value or for anything other than that is my honest and true opinion. We each must take responsibility.
It’s time to be proactive in giving your body the energy and nutrients it needs to ward off illness and disease. It’s also time to promote confidence through the way you look, which simultaneously automates your habits. This ensures you are equipped with knowledge when the time comes to use it.
Here are my top 5 FAST go-to meals that you can grab and run out the door (keep in mind that some of them do involve a bit of food prep that you should be taking 30-45 minute on Sundays to do!)
1. 1/2 c. cottage cheese, 8-10 baby carrots, 12 raw almonds — slam those babies in a small plastic bowl, grab a plastic spoon, and run out the door! (PVF meal)
2. 4 oz. oven-roasted turkey meat from the deli, 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 banana or apple — you can stop by any grocery store and grab these items in the same amount of time it will take you to stop at a fast food restaurant. Get twice the meat and eat this for 2 separate meals! That will take care of you for a good 6 hours through lunch and your afternoon! (PVC meal)
3. 1/2 c. cooked quinoa, 4 oz. lean ground turkey meat, 1/2 bell pepper. Throw in a plastic bowl with a small dollop of Panda Express Kung Pao Sauce (watch my video on how to shop for Salad Dressings and other Sauces), mix that baby up, and run out the door! This does require you to have pre-prepped some quino and turkey meat on Sunday (both do not take long to do–then keep in large containers in the fridge for fast grab-n-go meals. (PVC meal)
4. 1/2 c. plain Greek yogurt (2%), 1/4 c. Grapenuts or Ezekiel cereal (plain only for lower sugar), and 1/2 c. blueberries or other berries. Throw this in a plastic bowl, grab a plastic spoon, and sprint out the door to get to work on time! (PVC meal)
5. Keep a plastic baggie of protein powder in your car, along with a bag of raw nuts. One of the easiest veggies to keep without refrigerating is celery. You can keep a bag in your purse or briefacse all day long without it going “bad.” Quickly mix up some protein powder, have a small palmful of RAW nuts (get those omegas–you don’t if they’re roasted!), and eat some of your celery (PVF meal)
Do what you can to start taking control today. The rest of your life is waiting for you. No, you don’t have to be perfect. I don’t teach that. I teach you how to navigate the optimality of science with the reality of your day-to-day life and psychology.
If you have been a part of Body Buddies for long enough, you will know that my greatest desire is to help you change your life. We are all in this together! I often share wonderful products that I find on my Social Feeds. Follow me on your favorite platform to get engaged in my daily conversations!
#PowerYourBody one meal, one workout, one day at a time!
Love your bud,